Our Departments & Services
Under the guidance of Professor Dr. M Abdulla, our dept. of microbiology is well known in both professional and patient circles. Dr. Essa laboratory is credited for providing rapid c/s results in 48 hours, using modern techniques. Physicians rank this specialty among top three labs in town. We quote a minimum of 25 antibiotics for each isolate, which affords adequate choice for physicians prescribing drugs.
( Coming Soon )
The department is characterized by modern technology to ensure fast and reliable results of laboratory tests. The department’s work is very varied and ranges from analysis to teaching and quality control.
We also offer image guided interventional procedures by certified radiologists and pathologists such as:
- Taking blood samples in the outpatient clinic and in the outpatient ward
- Analyzing blood, serum and plasma, hormone and urine
- Analyses of material from other hospitals, collection centers, research units
- Preparing production statistics and running quality assurance on analyses
- Testing and data handling of results for research projects
- Internal and external quality control and assurance
Dr. Essa laboratory is a pioneer in testing and providing various serological tests including typhidot, ICT falciparum malaria, dengue rapid antigen detection test, ICT mycobacteria, flex pack helicobacter pylori antibodies, anti CCP, vitamin D3, troponin I and T, etc. Our lab also conducts PCR HIV, Hepatitis B and C available on real time automated machine, electrophoresis and other specialized tests.
The department runs a diagnostic haematology service which is a rapid access facility for new and follow-up patients with a range of blood diseases. This includes testing and advice on a wide range of hematological conditions. Many but not all tests are automated. Complete results including microscopy are performed by hematology medical staff under supervision of USA qualified & trained haem/onco consultants. We focus our energies on the diseases of the blood, problems with the blood-forming organs, solid cell tumors, and the health of the patient as a whole.
Dr. Essa laboratory is a recognized histopathology centre in Karachi. We are proud to have qualified MRCPath, FRCPath, MCPS & FCPS staff consultants who conduct FNAC’s and bone marrow aspiration and biopsies in our facility.
Our sonologist are experts at full body examinations. Careful attention is paid to patients by highly qualified sonographers. We offer same day exams and extended routine hours. Results are reported the same day.
Our Ultrasound Services Include:
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Pelvic and Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Male Pelvis/Prostate Studies
- Small parts including early pregnancy, 18-20 weeks complete fetal anatomical surveillance & third trimester growth & BPP studies
- Vascular Studies Including DVT’s & Carotid Doppler Scanning
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasounds
- Color Doppler
- Eyes Scans
We have steadily increased customer base for the past 25 years through commitment, dedication, and attention to quality. Highly trained radiographic technologists perform each examination with attention to efficiency, image quality and patient care.
- State of the art digital x-ray
- 24/7 Services
- Mobile X-Ray
- Digital Network to Transmit Digital Images
Dr. Essa laboratory has the latest state of the art full body helical CT scan machine. We have fully certified radiologists on board and are one of the few laboratories in the city to offer walk in CT appointments.
- Thyroid Biopsies
- Breast Biopsies
- Soft Tissues Biopsies
- Cyst Aspirations
- Liver Biopsies
DR. ESSA has now entered into another wellness program in the health care system with the expressions of deep gratitude towards ALLAH S.W.T.
“DR. ESSA PHARMACY” is serving from Abu Al Hassan Isphahani Campus and Head Office.. It is a state of art internationally standardized setup. At Dr. Essa Pharmacy a wide range of quality and reliable medicines are available along with a qualified pharmacist who will be keen to guide you best.
We are pioneers in providing drug information service in Community Pharmacy Setup. Our core values includes “Serving the customers in their best interest”.
- State of the art internationally callipered setup
- Services are offered round the clock
- Male / Female highly qualified, trained and experienced Pharmacist always available
- Qualified, experienced and Hospital trained Pharmacy technicians with sound and reliable knowledge of drugs
- Both the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are trained to counsel the patients on drug’s usage
- Drug information system (Pioneer in the community setup) for public, Doctors and other allied health professionals
- Highly reliable, quality and cost effective wide range of medicines
- Storage conditions( A/c , Refrigerator, temperature controlled transportation of temperature controlled drugs)
- Printed Receipts of medicines purchased
- Medicines are dispensed with the details of taking the medicines on the pasted label
- Customer record facility
Dr. Essa Laboratory & Diagnostic Centre has added a new health services in its portfolio and step forward in the healthcare system by introducing Dr. Essa Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Centre at Abul Hassan Isphahani Centre and Head Office.
As it is the trend of Dr. Essa Laboratory to provide the best possible services in diagnostics within easy access and keep maintaining the ethical values, same was considered in Physiotherapy Services at Dr. Essa Lab.
Dr. Essa Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Centre was launched in February 2013 to facilitate the diseased and ill in an ethical manner. The centre has the capacity to respect the patient privacy throughout the process of assessment till discharge. The centre has separate assessment/ interview/ counseling, treatment and gym area for neurology, musculoskeletal, sports injuries, women health issues, pediatric and pain management.
The team comprises of skilled post graduate physiotherapist having specialization in sub fields of physiotherapy. The treatment area is equipped with highly sophisticated, valid and reliable equipment import from United States and Japan. The gym is fully equipped in relation to rehabilitation of different patients and capacity to address the need of pain management, Neurology, musculoskeletal, sports injuries, pediatric and women health issues.
Our organization also holds vaccination camps in many rural and urban areas for hepatitis B, polio, flu and other communicable infectious diseases. We are especially interested in women and child health and care on a mission to eradicate polio from Pakistan. Pakistan is one of the four remaining polio-endemic countries in the world and is a priority for the Global Polio Eradication Initiative set by the WHO. Children in Pakistan have major challenges in respect to their health, safety and education. In our own way we are trying to hold vaccination camps to eradicate polio and to supply them with food and education.